We felt you might welcome advice on care and maintenance that will help to maintain the appearance of your Edel Telenzo carpet and ensure satisfaction for many years to come.
Cleaning & Maintenance
A simple maintenance programme including regular, interim and periodic cleaning will keep your carpet looking as good as the day it was installed!
The simplest and most frequent maintenance involves vacuuming and spot removal, as well as preventative measures.
Regular and thorough vacuuming once a week (more often in heavy traffic areas) is an economical and effective way to remove soil and dirt particles before they become embedded into the pile of the carpet. For best results, empty your vacuum bag when half full.
An upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush is best for cut pile and loop pile carpets and is strongly recommended by Edel Telenzo.
Spot & Stain Removal
With spot and stain removal, speed is of the essence.
- Blot up liquids with paper towel or absorbent cloth. Scoop up solids with the end of a knife or spoon.
- Use a light, colourfast cotton cloth for the treatment of spots.
- Always work from the outer edge toward the centre to prevent spreading. Use only small quantities of spot removal agent. It’s a good idea to replace the cotton cloth as soon as it is soiled. (Do not rub excessively since that can cause permanent damage to the pile fibre).
- After cleaning, carefully rinse the area with clean water and a sponge after having cleaned it. Do not soak.
- Afterwards, blot as dry as possible with a clean towel.
- Always brush cut pile carpets in the direction of the pile.
- Do not use household cleaners such as soft soap, neutral soap, ammonia solution, turpentine or benzene. Only use removal agents which are only recommended for textiles.
- A few layers of white absorbent tissue placed on the treated area and then subject to weight (e.g. a heavy book) will help absorb the remainder of the stain and accelerate the drying.
- It is suggested that a non visible test area is done to ensure the cleaning agent does not harm the colour of the carpet.
- Place absorbent mats at entrances to your home, change or wash when they become dirty.
- Regularly change filters in your heating and air conditioning systems.
- Periodically clean traffic lanes and areas in front of frequently used chairs with a suitable cleaning agent, such as WoolClean Clean & Fresh.
- Do not apply stain repellent treatment that contains any silicone, because they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. Note: We do not accept responsibility for complaints where such treatments have been used.
- With castor chairs the use of keyhole mats at desks is strongly recommended.
Thorough cleaning is required periodically to remove the deepest soiling. There are many cleaning methods you can use to ensure the lasting beauty and life of both your wool and synthetic pile carpets.a wool carpet or rug.
We recommend you employ the services of a professional cleaner and frequency will depend upon traffic density on the carpet in question as well as its proximity to soiling carried in from outside.
Entry mats reduce the need for professional cleaning – don’t forget to clean entry mats.
Machine recommended – hot water extraction models.
Many Edel Telenzo carpets are treated with Scotchgard which is sprayed on during the backing process.
Scotchgard reduces susceptibility to staining and makes removal of stains and soiling easier. It renders the carpet stain resistant but not stain proof.
Do not overlay Scotchgard with any other type of soil repellent treatment. We do not accept responsibility for complaints where such second treatments have been applied.
Dealing with common carpet stains
A copy of our guide to dealing with common carpet stains is available for you to download here in PDF format.
Guide to Contract Carpet Care
Our comprehensive professional guide to care of contract carpets, packed with detailed advice on how to care and clean carpets in heavy usage commercial applications. Download a copy of the Guide to Contract Carpet Care here.