Carpet is the most versatile floor. There is a large choice in design, structure and colour. How to choose the best carpet when there are so many possibilities? Please find some information below that might help in choosing the
right carpet for you.
Tufted carpets are made from different fibre types, both natural and synthetic. The fibre type largely determines the appearance, texture and performance of a carpet and it is therefore important to distinguish the different options.
- wool is a natural fibre from sheep and is both renewable and sustainable.
- the fibre structure is strong and hard-wearing and provides natural protection to help resist staining and soiling. It is also naturally flame retardant.
- wool carpets have a natural and soft luxurious feel.
- wool blends are a mixture between wool and a synthetic yarn, often polypropylene, in often a 50/50 or 80/20 mix.
- wool blends offer good value for money, combining the durability from polypropylene with the natural appearance and luxurious feel of wool.
- polyamide is a synthetic fibre with excellent performance characteristics.
- polyamide has a luxurious look and soft feel.
- polyamide has a reduced soil adherence and is heat and wear resistant, making polyamide carpets exceptionally hard-wearing and highly durable.
- compared to polyamide 6, polyamide 6.6 has a softer feel and even better performance characteristics.
Create a warm atmosphere
Choose colour to create a warm atmosphere in a room. Choose a sparkling colour for the floor or walls to create an inspiring office or cozy children's room.
Dark or light? Darker colours are sophisticated and warm and make a room look more intimate, whereas light colours make a room look larger and brighter.
Search for ideas online or in magazines to help you find your perfect colour.