Wool Care & Maintenance
Once you have purchased your new Telenzo carpet, naturally you want to maintain it. Here is a short guide to help you maintain and care for your new carpet.
Introducing WOW The Wool Owners Warranty, if you register your new carpet with WOW you will be covered with this special after-care service. Available on all Telenzo wool carpets.
Sign up and have your carpet professionally cleaned by one one of WOW’s registered carpet cleaners once a year, this will automatically renew the protection. You could use this after-care service to help maintain your carpet for its lifetime. For more information simply visit the site for more info www.wowwarranty.com
As soon as your carpet has been fitted it is very important to regular vacuum your new carpet, at least two to three times a week is sufficient. Or if possible, every day, make sure you give particular attention to areas that have high traffic areas, making a minimum of three vacuums in these areas.
When vacuuming your wool loop-pile carpet a cylinder type vacuum cleaner is recommended. As it does not have rotating brushes that can cause a ‘fuzzing’ effect to the surface of the carpet. Most cylinder vacuums with brushes on the head have a option to retract the brushes when cleaning carpet. Another recommendation is to use vacuum with a high suction power (determined by wattage of motor) with a large head, this way a greater surface can be covered quickly and more efficiently.
When it comes to cleaning your carpet there are many options to choose from including steam cleaning, shampooing, dry foam cleaning and dry powder systems. The method chosen and the frequency is determined by the level of traffic throughout your home.
For a full guide visit The WoolSafe Organisation, the organisation has been helping carpet owners and suppliers with cleaning advice for over 20 years. Here you will find detailed advice on how to clean your carpet using safe and effective products.
WoolSafe can also help if you need the services of an independent expert to inspect your carpet in the case of a complaint. WoolSafe use registered inspectors to offer an impartial thorough service. Visit the site or download the app, here you will find a handy stain guide to help remove most stains Carpet Cleaning Apps.
The main rule with stains is to act quickly to remove the substance before it penetrates the carpet pile. Stains that have been allowed to dry are more difficult and sometimes impossible to remove.
- Use a knife or spoon to scoop up any solids.
2. Blot up any liquids by applying pressing down with white paper towels or tissue.
3. Before treating the stain with a WoolSafe Approved spotter, test the treatments on an inconspicuous patch of the carpet for a patch test.
4. Apply the approved spotter to a white towel or kitchen roll, not directly onto the stain
5. Work inwards from the edge of the stain to prevent it spreading, blotting or dabbing.
6. Do not rub the carpet pile at any point.
7. Ensure that the carpet is dry before proceeding to the next step.
8. Rinse by applying a small amount of clear tepid water using a clean cloth or sponge.
9. Once the stain has been removed, blot up by applying pressure with white paper towels or tissues.
10. Do not walk on the carpet until dry.
For detail on stain removal or if you have an urgent cleaning question please contact the experts at WoolSafe.